Where is your financial thermostat set? Is it set way up high for wealth and abundance or way down low for “Not Enough?” Is it set for striving or thriving? The answer is easy. Just look at your life. Your thoughts and beliefs about money are reflected in precise detail in your environment. What is your environment telling you? Whether you live a life of wealth, poverty, or somewhere in between, it’s all determined by where your financial thermostat is set.
Your financial thermostat is so hard-wired that, whether you experience a major setback or a huge windfall, ultimately you will find yourself back where you started. That’s why lottery winners are so often broke again in two years. If your financial thermostat is set for “Poverty,” any wealth that comes to you will be a memory before you know it. On the other hand, if your financial thermostat is set for “Midas Touch,” you will move through any financial reversals and regain (or exceed) your high level of prosperity with ease and grace. Think Donald Trump. Even though at one point he was more than $2 Billion in debt, his financial thermostat is set for “Billionaire!” and he’s back on top with an estimated net worth of $5 Billion.
As children, we were taught how to think about money. We were taught how much or how little we can have and how difficult or easy money is to come by. Some of us were taught to think of rich people as greedy and to believe that having money is bad or not spiritual. Although your financial thermostat was set in childhood by others, the good news is that it’s YOUR thermostat now and you can reset it for any level of prosperity you desire.
Let’s start with a little quiz:
- Do you experience more scarcity and lack or wealth and abundance?
- Do you believe you can have what you truly desire or do you settle for what you think you can afford?
- Are you a good money manager or does money “slip through your fingers?”
- Do you work hard for your money or do you let your money work hard for you?
- Does it seem that, no matter how much money comes in, there’s never enough?
How’d you do? Did you notice any “stinking thinking” around money? If so, it’s a good time to reset your financial thermostat. Here are five ways to raise your thermostat and become a vibrational match for ever-flowing abundance:
(1) Replace old, tired, limiting beliefs with fresh, empowering beliefs, such as:
- This is a Universe of Abundance and I freely and joyously tap into that Abundance.
- I know I can be and do and have whatever I desire.
- I am an excellent money manager.
- My money works hard and I work smart.
- I am so happy and grateful now that I know there’s always enough.
(2) Write a new script for your financial life. Cast yourself in the leading role as a hero, as a winner, as a huge success, and write a new story of wealth and riches. Not only is this a fun exercise, it’s also a powerful way to raise the setting on your financial thermostat.
(3) Keep an Abundance Journal and record every penny that comes to you. When you receive income in any form, write it down, appreciate it and declare with joy “I am a money magnet!”
(4) Commit to your financial success. Stay focused on the level of prosperity you desire, take inspired action and hang in there until you see the evidence (Ka-Ching!) that your financial thermostat has been reset for “Big Bucks!”
(5) Associate with positive, successful people. Birds of a feather flock together, right? Reading books, attending seminars, and spending time with like-minded people who encourage you to believe in your success and teach you how to think like a rich person are great ways to raise your financial thermostat.
So what do you think? Are you ready to release any poverty consciousness you picked up along the way? Are you willing to consciously choose thoughts and actions that contribute to abundance and success? As you raise your financial thermostat to allow in more money, you are at the same time raising your overall vibration to allow in more love, more joy, more health, more confidence, more peace of mind, and more fun adventures of all kinds. It’s a package deal. Take a moment now to imagine and savor how fantastic you will feel and how magnificent your life will become as you reset your financial thermostat to “Sky High!”